We will be onsite from 9am - 2pm.
Lots of different tasks to really suit everyone.
1. Mark up the remaining Rhododendron patches on a site map.
2. Check the bird boxes (from a distance) and record the number of the ones in use. Unfortunately last year we did not get to check/clear them out so it would be good to know who is using them this year.
3. Sand / scrub the algae off two of the picnic benches.
4. Paint the other 2 two picnic benches and perch benches.
5. Continue scraping the paths....for those looking for something a little more physical.
6. Litter pick
7. General tidy of the picnic glade.... Create habitat piles?
8. Drill holes in stacked timber (left from forestry work as uneconomical to remove) to give bees a helping hand.
9. Spread the ash from the old fire sites.
Obviously no fire, so no sausages, but plenty of drinks and biscuits.
Anyone that wants to just come and drink tea is also welcome.
NB. It is South of the A31, just up from the Old Thatch along Uddens Drive.
— at Cannon Hill South known locally as Uddens Woodland. - Andy