We will be in Cannon Hill North this Sunday from 09:00-14:30 ish
Originally we were going to start our restoration work on Elford heath in Uddens plantation, however we still have some unfinished business with the dog splash and culvert, so want to complete this before moving to something new.
1. Continuing to unblock the culvert under the track.
2. Moving a log to create a dam and raise the water level in the dog splash (this will be a trial before committing to buying and installing a more substantial material).
3. Cutting some remaining marked up pine to create scallops along lizard alley.
4. Continuing with Rhododendron clearance
5. Digging out a Rhododendron root....if anyone is feeling particularly energetic.
No bonfire, but plenty of hot drinks and biscuits. Bring a packed lunch if staying all day.
I am taking it everyone knows the location of the "dog splash" site by the picnic table on the Yellow brick road, but if not, don't hesitate to contact me.
If you have not been before, or would like more details, please get in touch.
Future dates and tasks
Sunday 13th November - Uddens Plantation (Elford Heath) - Heathland restoration
Sunday 4th December - Uddens Plantation (Elford Heath) - Heathland restoration
Sunday 18th December - Uddens Plantation (Elford Heath) - Heathland restoration