We have plenty to do with tasks to suit all ages and abilities.
Some will depend on the weather, while others will depend on who we have attending -
1. Cutting the remaining full size Rhododendron and possibly burning it on the bonfire.
2. Cutting back the overhanging brambles and gorse on the path, particularly by the bridge.
3. Checking, logging and clearing out the bird boxes.
4. Maintenance on benches and picnic tables.
5. General tidying up in the Glade.
6. Litter picking.
7. Look into the feasibility of digging out the Rhododendron re-growth to avoid the need for spraying on the CHS site next year.
Cannon Hill South is south of the A31, located along Uddens Drive, off Wimborne Road West.
For Sat Nav follow directions towards BH21 7BG , the woodland is on the left before you reach the end of the tarmac road at the turning circle.
Any problems finding us, call 07984 843192.
Please let us know if you plan to attend, so we can plan the work and sort refreshments. Come for the whole session or stop by for as long as you wish.
As always, hot and cold drinks and biscuits supplied. If we have a fire (if everything is wet enough and we have fire marshals attending, then we will cook some sausages at midday).
Gloves and tools provided, but please wear suitable clothing and footwear for the weather.